The National Museum

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 Dehli

Our last stop in Delhi was the National Museum.  I was looking forward to seeing the Clothing and Textile exhibit, but alas, it was closed.    It was still an interesting museum, if a bit small.

Some photos from the drive to the museum

A newscaster!  Not sure what the story was.

The Indian Coast Guard

This is where we stopped for lunch.  It was not a bad place. Mark had a curry and I had butter chicken. I tried my first Fresh Lime Soda, it was just lime juice and soda water.  I enjoyed those!



On our way back to the bus,  while fighting off the crap vendors, we spotted a monkey! Just hanging out. We gave him a wide berth.

The National Museum

The entrance hallway

The object of the week. I took a photo of the sign but it came out blurry. Sadly, I have no idea what it is.



The exhibit of adornment had some of the most amazing jewelry!



Portraits of all the Mughal emperors on this screen

Lon would have loved all the dioramas

All carved out of elephant ivory

an ancient game. I would like to learn more about this


Mark's turn


all the wires...


How many children can we fit onto a bicycle rickshaw?



We have no idea what this was all about


random column

Slow day for ice cream sales

Outside at the National Museum




We both thought the jewelry was gorgeous

emeralds

A child's toy from the palace





Squat toilet.  You put your feet on the grooves and do your business.  I avoided these when possible.

Back outside





Back to the bus


No comments:

Post a Comment

two year

 Keeping this alive for the moment